- Part-time and full-time hours are available
- Working 1:1 with children and adults with MI and DD
- We provide all training and support
- Healthy male and female role models
- Opportunity for promotions
- Fun and fulfilling place to work!
Legacies is now hiring for Direct Support Professional positions. We provide all training. Our main office is located in downtown Winona, MN at 51 West 4th Street.
We are a local company that provides staffing services to people with mental health diagnoses and learning disabilities in the community through 1:1 services. We are in need of quality staff to work with children after school and some weekends, and also adults throughout the week. Many of our current staff’s areas of study are in the fields of social services, psychology, education and law enforcement; however, this is not required.
We teach individuals ages 4 to 65 living skills to ensure they are as independent as possible. This might include helping with homework after school or on reading skills, home management skills, cooking, looking for housing, effective communication, appropriate social skills, job and interview skills, or hygiene. We value community connections for those we serve and therefore promote opportunities to develop natural social connections outside of the home. We work hard to positively impact the lives of those we serve.
Overnight Direct Support Professional Position Highlights:
- Ensure the safety and security of individuals during overnight hours.
- Assist individuals with evening routines.
- Administer medications according to individual care plans and protocols.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of overnight activities and incidents.
- Respond to emergencies or crises as needed, following established protocols.
- Foster a calm and supportive environment during nighttime hours.
- Collaborate with daytime staff to provide seamless care and continuity of support.
- Participate in training sessions and staff meetings to stay updated on best practices and individual care plans.
- Demonstrate professionalism, empathy, and respect for individuals at all times.
As an Overnight Direct Support Professional, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safety, comfort, and well-being of individuals with disabilities during nighttime hours. You will provide direct care, support, and supervision to individuals residing in our residential facilities, as well as getting paid to sleep (8 hours per overnight shift)!
Applications can also be downloaded and emailed to Sarah Kalayjian, Office Manager, at email@example.com or faxed to 507-218-9748.
The following skills are Required:
- Have valid driver’s license; reliable transportation with up-to-date insurance
- Great people skills
- Good time management skills
- Be able to meet the individual needs of each client you work with
The following skills are preferred, but not required:
- Experience working with children and/or adults with mental health diagnoses, either personally or professionally
- Experience working with children and/or adolescents in any environment